First Nation, Métis and Inuit Bursary
The First Nation, Métis and Inuit (FNMI) NADC Bursary is a return service bursary of varying amounts. Students in pre-apprenticeship training, or in a certificate or diploma studies can access up to $6,000 for their studies. Students in a Bachelor’s, Masters’ or PhD program can access $10,000 per year for any year of their studies.
You may receive a FNMI NADC Bursary if you:
- Have been a resident of Alberta for 12 consecutive months before the start of your program
- Are enrolled fulltime in a post-secondary program that is designated for provincial funding
- In a program that is at least 12 weeks in length for half of a bursary or 16 weeks for a full bursary
- Are not in default of a provincial student loan
- Can provide proof of Aboriginal Ancestry (see application for more detail)
Return Service Commitment
Selected recipients sign a return service contract with Alberta Advanced Education.
Use the Northern Alberta Development Council on-line application. Our applications are also available in PDF form and can be mailed to the NADC. Please follow the mailing directions on the form.(Patricia, please add link for PDF found in the applications section) . Applications for a $6,000 or $10,000 bursary must be received in the NADC office by June 1, 2019 for the first selection meeting or November 15, 2019 for the second selection meeting.
* Please note that this application site cannot be accessed by cell phone or tablet. Applicants are required to use a PC to complete the application.
**Applicants do not have the ability to save their application part way through. We encourage applicants to review the PDF form to assist you in completing the application and having all required information when you start to complete your application.