Category 1: People at Work – photos of people serving people, such as teachers and students,
hospital and healthcare staff, retail and service workers
Category 2: Culture, Events, and History –festivals and community events, cultural celebrations,
unique or historical storefronts, downtown core photos, the urban skyline, interesting architecture
Category 3: Northern Family and Community Life and Recreation – photos of families and friends enjoying
outdoor activities anything that represents people hard at play in the North
Category 4: Amazing North – landscape photos of fields, forests, and other scenic depictions
Category 1: People at Work – 1st Prize: $200 and 2nd Prize: $100
Category 2: Culture, Events, and History –1st Prize: $200 and 2nd Prize: $100
Category 3: Northern Family and Community Life and Recreation – 1st Prize: $100 and 2nd Prize: $50
Category 4: Amazing North – 1st Prize: $100 and 2nd Prize: $50
*All prize amounts will be issued via Visa Gift Cards
By entering you agree to abide by all contest rules, and to have fun!
- Limit of 2 entries per person, per category. No Photoshopping/editing.
- Entries will be judged the first week of April, 2018 and winners announced by mid-April, 2018. Winning entries will be selected by Government of Alberta employees representing a variety of ministries.
- By entering this contest, you agree to allow the NADC to use your name and photograph(s) in its promotional publications, on its website or in other online forms such as social media sites. Any photo submitted may be shown throughout the contest on NADC’s social media posts.
- You agree to allow your photograph to be cropped or otherwise altered to fit into promotional publications.
- If entering a photo of a person or people, you must provide a signed Release Form any recognizable individual.
- Photographs must be taken within the NADC boundaries.
- Entries must be received on or before midnight April 3, 2018.
- The photo must not have been submitted to any other photo contest.
TO ENTER THE CONTEST:
Complete a Photo Contest Entry Form and attach with the submitted photo(s). The personal information that you provide to the NADC will be used for the purpose of administering this contest. It is collected under the authority of section 33(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP) and is protected by the privacy provisions of the Act. If you have any questions about the collection of this information, please see the contact information identified below.
Please send original digital pictures in either .jpeg or .bmp format – it must be able to print clearly as an 8x10 print. Try to keep the pictures under 4 MB.
Email: email@example.com Phone: 780.624.6274
Mail disc with digital pictures to:
Northern Alberta Development Council
9621 – 96 Avenue,
Peace River, AB T8S 1T4
Or drop off at our office in Peace River: 206 Provincial Building on 9621 – 96 Ave.